Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Wondering why so late???????

Well you would be wondering why I am writing about my experiences so late. To tell you the truth I have wanted to write about it for so long but just that I have never had enough time to ponder on my experiences and then put it down in words. Finally I decided to do that now. I
Amongst my best experiences, Arunachal is one trek I will never forget for various reasons such as a) not many people would ever think of going to Arunachal, b) Being a chronic asthmatic I am happy to have succeeded in completing my trek without any fears.
I am a chronic asthmatic and have always avoided high altitude treks. I always kept avoiding Ladhak out of fear that I will never be able to do it. However, when I was told about Arunachal by my friend Jayesh who runs the company Odati adventures I was excited. I was definite that come what may I will do this trek. I had made up my mind that worse case scenario if I am not able to even do the acclimatization trek then I would get back.
It was a challenge I had taken up. As precautionary measure I had taken with me four Asthaline Inhalers and also strips of Deryphyline Tablets. To my utter amazement I did not use even one inhaler and also did not have to take any tablets. I was hale and hearty going up to 14,500 feet.
That’s when I realized it is not about physical strength but all about mental strength and confidence in yourself. All my fears of high altitude are gone.
To be very honest being an Asthmatic has not stopped me from leading a normal life. Adventure sports like trekking, rock climbing and rappelling has kept me fit and in turn these have also reduced my attacks. Finally, now that I have done Arunachal I am definitely hoping to do Ladhak this July.
Look forward for lot of my other travelogues on my blog.But also remember travelogues are not all that i am going to write about. There would be other things to read on my blog as well.

see ya ..............have a great day

No comments:

                          The Pandemic and the Mind  Mental Health is a serious issue over the last few months. Children, young adults to Se...