Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Parting remarks and few Observations on NIM

The entire course, though very tough, was unique but loads of fun too. From living in tents for 18 days, laughing and crying with team mates at the same time, to putting up with people’s egos and tantrums! It all makes me think that to experience adventure and beauty you have to experience extremes.
My asthma never posed a problem all through the course. Infact, the higher I went I had stopped wheezing as well. The doctor had given me a clean chit of being fit. I did not have problems of acclimatizing while some others did.
Infact what was surprising is that some girls who came across as physically fit actually ended up with breathing attacks on high altitudes.
But what disappoints me is that finally I have been graded on the basis of my Asthma. I have been given a B grade because I am an asthmatic and not because i did not perform well.
While some others, who were ill during the course, did not complete height gain due to their illness have managed to get an A Grade…. I wonder how and on what basis?
But let me conclude by saying that a B Grade is not going to stop me from scaling more heights year after year.

3 comments:

Rajesh said...

I am also planning to under go a trekking programme under NIM. how to apply. How to get prospectus for applying the same.

Rajesh said...

I am also planning to under go a trekking programme under NIM. how to apply. How to get prospectus for applying the same.

Travel Geek said...

you can look up the NIM website (nimindia.org) or the Himalayan Mountaineering Institutre website download the form and apply. The website also tells you the age criteria for doing the course.

                          The Pandemic and the Mind  Mental Health is a serious issue over the last few months. Children, young adults to Se...